Friday 20 February 2015

Interview with Amarachi Uyanne


 
I did this interview with Nigeria's wonder kid Amarachi Uyanne sometime last year. I know it's kind of stale but it's quite interesting and I want to share it with you all. Enjoy!
She set a new record as the youngest millionaire in Nigeria, when she won the first season of the “Nigeria’s Got Talent” show in 2013. CKB Entertainment World held an exclusive interview with this young talented wonder kid,  Amarachi Uyanne.

CKB- Amarachi Uyanne, How are you doing?
Amarachi - I’m fine thank you.

CKB – This is CKB Entertainment World. We focus on young people who have made a positive impact in the society. We believe you are one of such, a young achiever, the kind that inspires other youngsters out there. We wouldlike to ask you some questions as regards your journey from where you started to where you are now.
Amarachi – Ok

CKB – We all know you as Amarachi Uyanne, winner of the first edition of the Nigerians Got Talent Show. Can you tell us some more things about yourself,we don’t know, like your school, favorite food, etc.?
Amarachi – My name is Amarachi Uyanne, I am nine years old, My school is UPSS, University Preparatory  Secondary School  Benin city, I am in JSS 1, my favorite food is fried rice and chicken.

CKB – Okay, So what has been happening to you since you handed over the title to the new winners of the Nigerian’s Got Talent Show ?
Amarachi – I have a talent academy. I have more than 49 students in the academy . I have six teachers in my talent academy.  I am also doing my own comic book. I did a video Amarachi dance,  I have released another music, it is called “Get down”.

CKB – That’s a whole lot you’ve got going on there.
Amarachi – Yes

CKB- So how do you balance all these with school?
Amarachi – I still go to school. My parents don’t let it affect my studies. Any thing I need to do, I do it during the holidays.

CKB – You said you have a talent academy. What is the name of this academy
Amarachi –Amarachi Talent Academy
CKB – Who came up with the idea to set up this academy?

Amarachi – My parents and I.

CKB – So what basically do you do in this talent academy
Amarachi – Dancing, singing, playing different instruments, violin, keyboard, guitar.
CKB - How does one register at your talent academy or is it free?

Amarachi – One thousand Naira for the registration form.

CKB – The comic book you are working on, what is it all about?
Amarachi – It is  about my life, from when I won. It is on my website.

CKB – What is your web site?
Amarachi – www.amarachiuyanne.com

CKB – Now with you, winning on the show and setting up this academy and dropping your first single amongst other things. I believe you are even more popular now. Tell me, do people treat you any  differently, you know,  like your parents, your friends, your brothers  and sisters.
Amarachi – My parents no, my brother and sister no but in my school,  yes. They treat me differently.

CKB – Your music video Amarachi Dance, I have watched it and I must say it’s very nice. Who wrote the song?
Amarachi – I did.

CKB –You also said you have released music “ Get down”. Hope there’s a lot of dancing in it because I personally love your dancing.
Amarachi – Yes. It even has more dancing than Amarachi dance.

CKB – For someone of your age, you dance pretty well. Who taught you to dance like that?
Amarachi – No one.

CKB – Really? So you just learnt to dance on your own?
Amarachi – Yes. I just like dancing.

CKB – Okay, let’s go back to when you won on the show. Did you ever believe that you would win then?
Amarachi – Yes

CKB – Why did you believe that?
Amarachi – Because I have the life of God in me.

CKB – What was your greatest challenge on the show then.
Amarachi – My greatest challenge was the fact that I was one of the youngest.

CKB – But I can tell that you didn’t let that stop you because you ended up winning.
Amarachi - Yes

CKB – If you are given another opportunity, would you enter for more shows like that?
Amarachi – (Thinks), bigger shows.

CKB – Tell us what you would like to be when you grow up
Amarachi – A doctor, (silence) a dancing doctor (laugh)

CKB – Wow! I have never heard of that before, but I guess there’s always a first.
Amarachi – I’m going to be the first dancing doctor in the world!

CKB – There are a lot of talented youngsters out there and most of them haven’t gotten the opportunity you got. What advice would you like to give to them?
Amarachi – They should put their trust in God.

CKB – Is that all?
Amarachi – Yes, because it worked for me.

 CKB – Amarachi thank you so much it’s a pleasure talking with you.
Amarachi – You are welcome.

 

No comments: